Sunday, 17 October 2010

I just ate some Urban Outfitters

I say that because if I don't order clothes every once in a while I die of boredom, especially on Sundays. I fulfilled my need for an ironic t-shirt and got one with a leopard print crucifix. Urban Outfitters makes me very happy.
I feel like a complete toddler because I just made some invitations for my party, using a Cath Kidston set which includes envelopes and stickers. Sadly it's only a 15 piece set and I'm inviting 16, so one hard-done-by person is going to have a nice Microsoft Word document with some good old Wordart and Comic Sans. Oh and I nearly forgot Clipart.
Personally I think Wordart, Comic Sans and Clipart should all die slowly and painfully, perhaps with a nice sadistic combination of burning alive and the old bamboo shoots torture. They are unwanted remnants from the age in which computers were still being breastfed, back when ten-year-olds used them to make shit little posters about minibeasts. Anyone who still uses Wordart, Comic Sans or Clipart is a complete idiot, ignorant to their new-fangled successors: Google Images and a nice bit of size 150 Cambria font, aligned bottom-right. This is edgy.
I don't know why I'm endorsing MS Word actually. It's bollocks. Everytime I add in a new text box or something I have to pray that it won't screw up everything else on the page, pushing every object into some unknown twisted realm. And if use text boxes rather than writing normal text, it refuses to go onto a new page when I run out of space. So I have to insert a new page, which for some reason appears before the first page. And when I'm trying to position two linked text boxes next to each other, the inflexible movement facilities don't allow a natural looking progression of text, but instead an infuriating gap. Maybe the general problem here is with the text boxes.
I love free internet stuff. Google Docs is a simple yet WORKING word processor that doesn't try and correct your grammar like a little bitch. Again acting like a toddler, I used it to make a party information sheet and found it most pleasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment