Saturday, 16 January 2010

if there's one thing I'm good at, it's the eloquent destruction of noobs


No. I won.
Oh and I'm not too sure about the showing names thing so I just blanked them out. Better safe than sorry! Har har.
Today we drove up to Midhurst to a violin shop to get me a new violin. The ones I tested ranged from £1000-£2300, none of which I was particularly impressed with, or thought lived up to my current £250 ebay one. The only positive change I noticed was that they were louder. But the sound didn't have any of the subtle qualities mine does. By process of elimination I ended up bringing one home for a week trial, and I have a suspicion it's the most expensive.
Anyhoo. You'll notice I just used 'but' at the beginning of a sentence, which is regarded as incorrect amongst, well, the same group of people who advocate using 'an' before a word beginning with 'h.' Which, if you ask me, is bullocks*.
I really hate charity shops. They remind me of depression and ageing, and the ones where I live seem to cater exclusively for OAP's. Luckily I realised that with Oxfam you can shop online and have the nice old vintage clothes delivered to your door, without the rotting books and pointless, worthless trinkets.
http://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/
Unfortunately, most other large charities have nothing to compare with this, unless of course you wish to buy a few Christmas cards and a paw print RSPCA t-shirt.
* Due to comment I must point out this is supposed to be ironic. Maybe it was too subtle.

2 comments:

  1. You spelt bollocks wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irony is hard to understand...

    ReplyDelete